news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > General Chat

Old 04-17-2012, 12:57 PM   #1
KERZO
☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀

KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default The Cartoon Cell (discussion on animated shows)

Ok, as people have been talking about cartoons since magnanimouse started the user name change fad, I thought it would be cool for people to discuss the cartoons they've enjoyed over the years as well as talking about new and modern ones as well.

Here's a bit on a few of my favs -

-------------------------------
Looney Tunes:
-----------

As a kid, this shit was the bomb, Just had so many classic episodes, I think the daffy duck ones were the best.

I even remember they did a run of looney tunes tazos with walkers crisps (similar to lays doing pogs for instance) and everyone used to collect them.

Here's the collection of them:

http://v1.milkcapmania.co.uk/Tazo/Tazo_home.html

My fav was this Daffy one -

Rocko's Modern Life:
-----------

This show was funny as fuck and the fact it had loads of hidden innuendo's made it even better, check out some of the hidden messages here -

http://sodapoprox.tumblr.com/post/16...os-modern-life

Family Guy:
-----------

I used to prefer the show before it got cancelled. It used to be more 'adult' and had far controversial storylines. Since it got re-commisioned, I think there's been a few good episodes but they've generally got weaker and weaker.

Here's a good example of the contrast between the pre & post cancelled seasons-

Spongebob Squarepants:
-----------

I don't know why I find this show funny but I do, I like how the characters all represent the seven deadly sins, It's a good idea for a show . Here's an explanation of what I mean -

http://www.omg-facts.com/view/Facts/13033

The Life & Times of Tim:
-----------

This show is well under-rated. It's got some seriously funny episodes, It's almost like a cartoon version of arrested development/curb your enthusiasm.

American Dad:
-----------

I still prefer this to family guy, the characters are better developed and some of the story lines (mainly with roger) are total genius.

Ren & Stimpy:
-----------

I loved this show back in the day, the grotesque humour and fucked up storylines set it apart from alot of other shows, the way the show was drawn was simply superb, it just seemed more 'artistic' than alot of shows on at the same time. Plus it had loads of jokes only adults (or smart kids) would get.

Beavis & Butthead:
-----------

This show has to be one of the best of all time, I know it was used mainly to promote music videos but the way they slagged the videos off, it just added to the humour I believe. I think if another network had picked it up other than MTV it would've been better but it's still great none the less and I'm glad it's back.

South Park:
-----------

Without a doubt, this is the best show ever. The storylines have made me laugh so much my sides have ached for hours. I remember watching this show back in school and it's still going strong. I have to admit that the new season isn't so good but thats to be expected as Matt & trey have said they don't really enjoy making it as much now and are only doing it to honour the contract they have. But come on, have you seen a plot in any other show that is anywhere near are ridiculous as this -

*you'll notice I haven't mentioned the simpsons, I don't know what it is with the show but it seems to be targeted at kids even to this day, I watched it when I was younger and I admit it has some funny jokes sometimes but I just can't sit and enjoy an episode like I would with another animation show. I'd rather watch futurama than the simpsons cos it's aimed at a slightly older audience mind you.

Well either discuss some of the shows I've mentioned, whether you like them or not, tell us about the shows you like or say nothing and GTFO.

KERZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:15 PM   #2
Charles Barry
Cranberry Grenades

Charles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venoms

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Ducktales
Chip N' Dales Rescue Rangers

I peeped a cartoon on Netflix not to long ago called Home Movies that I liked a lot. I ran through those pretty quickly.

Charles Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:26 PM   #3
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Location: my own private domicile, and I will not be harassed...bitch!
Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Roger from American Dad is such a great character

The episode where he was a limo driver out for vengeance was hysterical...he has so many good moments...

family guy is better now, the really old episodes are almost unwatchable, but it's still not on the level of 'south park' 'the simpsons' 'beavis and butthead'...even aside from the music video stuff (which apparently mike judge hated doing) some of the comedy on there is truly brilliant in its stupidity
Dr. Simon Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:55 PM   #4
Jammin
Veteran Member

Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

South Park is #1
Jammin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:11 PM   #5
THUGNIFICENT
Eff Grandad

THUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venoms

THUGNIFICENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:18 PM   #6
EAGLE EYE
0110111101110000011001010111001001100001011101000110100101101111011011100010000001100111011101010110100101101100011011000110111101110100011010010110111001100101

EAGLE EYE has disabled reputation

http://lunatictoons.tumblr.com/

EAGLE EYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:28 PM   #7
BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
Are U aware I ban @ will?

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

Foghorn Leghorn has gotta be one of my favorites especially when the prudish nerdy hen is all googily eyes.

I also like all the old school looneytoons where they have charicatures of actors from the 50's

My favorite Looneytoon episode is:

The Gravy episode with the chow hound.

THIS TIME I DIDNT FORGET THE GRAVY!~

And the episode with Porky Pig and The Dog

U DONT HAVE A DOG AND I DONT HAVE A MASTER!~

The Simpsons are the best at taking jabs at todays politics, news stories, pop culture.

I find a lot of what is done on the simpsons to be so subtle most people miss it. thats the genius of the show.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:30 PM   #8
BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

I also like Spongebob.

I think its hilarious the way the artists convey emotions on the characters

BEAVIS AND BUTTHEAD is EPIC!!
Old 04-17-2012, 04:36 PM   #9
food for thought
Duppy Conquerer

Location: SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR
food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

does ANYBODY know anything about bionic six?

food for thought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:38 PM   #10
food for thought
Duppy Conquerer

Location: SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR
food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

ahahahahahah

food for thought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:43 PM   #11
BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI

Bwahahaha they look like bootleg XMen
Old 04-17-2012, 04:52 PM   #12
Mumm Ra
God's Replica

Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

the new thundercats is pretty dope

if adventure time or regular show is on im watchin that shit, probably my two favorites right now

spiderman the animated series has to be one of the greatest cartoons ever too

i feel the same way about family guy/ simpsons as threadstarter, although i havent liked south park for years

futurama is the only cartoon i ever bothered to buy seasons of
Old 04-17-2012, 04:58 PM   #13
Mumm Ra
God's Replica

Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Old 04-17-2012, 05:25 PM   #14
diggy
The ABBOTT

diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUEY FREEMAN View Post
ahahahahahah

I used to watch this, but can't remember a single episode cuz I was too young.

Notice the eye in the triangle @ 20 secs.

diggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:27 PM   #15
KERZO
☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀

KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Barry View Post
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Ducktales
Chip N' Dales Rescue Rangers

I peeped a cartoon on Netflix not to long ago called Home Movies that I liked a lot. I ran through those pretty quickly.
I've not seen Home Movies but heard it's good so might check that soon. The three shows you mentioned were all good, I liked those shows that had that 'adventure' tip. The raccoons was pretty decent when I was little but thats the kinda show you grow outta quick, cyril sneer was one mean mofo tho, lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOE SZYSLAK View Post
Foghorn Leghorn has gotta be one of my favorites especially when the prudish nerdy hen is all googily eyes.

I also like all the old school looneytoons where they have charicatures of actors from the 50's

My favorite Looneytoon episode is:

The Gravy episode with the chow hound.

THIS TIME I DIDNT FORGET THE GRAVY!~
My fav ever warner bros episode is one called 'To Duck or Not to Duck' which was made back in 1943, If you haven't seen it then I suggest you watch it..

The bit where they knock the dog out the ring by throwing shit at him, I used to find that hilarious, I'd re-watch it about ten times, with tears of laughter in my ears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUEY FREEMAN View Post
does ANYBODY know anything about bionic six?

Never saw it but it looks like a cheap ripoff of The Planeteers if that's even possible..

That was the kinda show you watched as a kid, thought it was cool then about a year you'd be like "why the fuck did I watch that shit?" haha

KERZO is offline   Reply With Quote