news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop > Album reviews

View Poll Results: How do you rate Atmosphere's latest effort?
Classic 4 15.38%
Excellent 8 30.77%
Banger 4 15.38%
Dope 1 3.85%
Good 4 15.38%
Decent 0 0%
Average 1 3.85%
Poor 1 3.85%
Bad 1 3.85%
Wack 2 7.69%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-26-2009, 10:27 PM   #16
battle?
n.i.

battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

last 4 tracks r dope

battle? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 04:19 AM   #17
Durag
RaizaBlade

Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Whole album is dope. This was my favourite album from '08, and i bought quite a few last year.

Durag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 11:44 AM   #18
GhettoGnom
Veteran Member

GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Top 3 from '08.. Great album from start to finish.
-Archetype

GhettoGnom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 11:44 AM   #19
thatKid
Veteran Member

thatKid shaolin monk

excellent
Old 01-27-2009, 07:52 PM   #20
battle?
n.i.

battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

"u cant imagine how much we are having"
def gets more rotation on my turntables..

this is def my fav on gold..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQnu5zPWUK0

battle? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 06:59 PM   #21
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

To me this is an example of a perfect album. Whether or not you "feel" all the tracks, it's very hard to argue that any of them are filler. I've really grown to love this album. The poignant moments are amazing see Yesterday, The Waitress, and the slap in the face tracks like The Skinny, Your Glass House, give the album a great emotional balance. This is live instrumentation used brilliantly. I especially like the slide guitar on Painting, it reminds me of the Sleepwalker song. This is definitely the best album of 2008 in my humble opinion.

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
beautifulrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:45 AM   #22
SHAoLiN LoRD
OLDER G.O.D.

SHAoLiN LoRD iron monkeySHAoLiN LoRD iron monkeySHAoLiN LoRD iron monkeySHAoLiN LoRD iron monkey

From what I have heard, this is album is the basic definition of Suburban Whiteboy rap.

It appears as somethiing I wouldn't waste my time listening to. Some one prove me wrong for stereotypiong this duo from Minnesota.

sHOULD i BOTHER
? iF SO, WHAT TRACKS DO YOU RECOMMEND?
SHAoLiN LoRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 11:54 AM   #23
JamSix
it's all gonna break

JamSix drunken mastaJamSix drunken mastaJamSix drunken masta

This album is fucked, I gave it a spin once last novemeber for the first time and wasnt really feelin it and never played it again till about a month ago. Now I've had it on solid rotation for the past month, this is as close as an album can get to the 'classic' term
Old 05-21-2009, 12:53 PM   #24
lynskey

lynskey crouching tiger

Just started to play this album.

I can't stop playing the song 'Yesterday' it's a classic track imo.

I've tried abit of Atmosphere's other stuff but I can't get into it at all.
lynskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 01:15 PM   #25
RynMur
LVsMostBlunted

RynMur iron monkeyRynMur iron monkeyRynMur iron monkey

^Yeah, that track can't get any better. Its sad how some people aren't feeling Slug just because he's white.
Old 05-22-2009, 11:17 AM   #26
lynskey

lynskey crouching tiger

What's the best Atmosphere album after this one?
I copped 'God Loves Ugly' other day but wasn't feeling it.
lynskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:01 PM   #27
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I gotta go with "You Can't imagine How Much Fun We're Having"

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
beautifulrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 04:16 AM   #28
Durag
RaizaBlade

Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAoLiN LoRD View Post
From what I have heard, this is album is the basic definition of Suburban Whiteboy rap.

It appears as somethiing I wouldn't waste my time listening to. Some one prove me wrong for stereotypiong this duo from Minnesota.

sHOULD i BOTHER
? iF SO, WHAT TRACKS DO YOU RECOMMEND?
Dunno, check out "Yesterday", or "The Painting".

The fact that you automatically assume that its the definition of white boy suburaban rap makes you sound like a fag, and the fact that your so fuckin close minded. YOU are exactly whats wrong with most hip-hop today.

Yes, this album isnt hard, or gangsta, theirs no talk of violence, sex, drugs, guns, its just a great album, with great storys, musically its fantastic, with great varity of sounds, and it is exactly what hip-hop needs right now. Best album of '08.

I just put this on again yesterday and its as good as the first time i heard it. That guitar thing they use on "The Painting" is absoloutly beautiful.

Durag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 06:00 AM   #29
GhettoGnom
Veteran Member

GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Yeah, this album is excellent. I still play it front to back from time to time. Replay value, content, production.. This album got it all.
-Archetype

GhettoGnom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:05 PM   #30
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

Was listening to shit shit yesterday for some hours. Excellent album!