news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

Old 04-15-2013, 10:24 PM   #4246
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

Fandango is now more popular than the Rock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Knowledge View Post
lol check 2, always bringing the funny jokes. that one made me really chuckle.
check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:26 PM   #4247
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

-WWE legend Scott Hall on who Eric Bischoff was going to send out to be the NWO leader if Hulk Hogan had not arrived in time.

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/p...10030880.shtml

Quote:
Old 04-21-2013, 10:09 PM   #4248
check two
N.I.

-Premiere party held for the unauthorized ECW documentary: Barbed Wire City

Dot Net reader "The Dean" attended the premiere of Barbed Wire City in Philadelphia, Pa. on Saturday and sent the following report. The film is available for purchase on DVD at BarbedWireCity.com.

After 13 years, Barbed Wire City made its long-awaited premiere at a packed house at the former ECW Arena at the corner of Swanson and Ritner Streets in Philadelphia, PA. I think those in attendance would agree that it was certainly worth the wait.

The doors opened a few hours early, letting fans of the storied promotion catch up with one another. The arena itself is about to undergo a renovation and a short video trailer teased its reopening for the fall of 2013. On hand were Shane Douglas, The Blue Meanie, members of the Atlas security staff (you'd recognize them if you were at any of the ECW shows), as well as the filmmakers John Philapavge and Kevin Kiernan. The old ECW Arena/Bingo Hall sign even made an appearance. Although the crowd was now older and there wasn't a live wrestling show to engage the fans, there was one ECW-chant as well as a "turn the lights off" chant before the movie played.

The movie itself is a must see for anyone who experienced ECW in its heyday. The filmmakers did an impressive job of assembling anyone and everyone who took part in ECW's run, from wrestlers to cameramen and even Prowrestling.net's own Jason Powell. There was some great rare footage from various house shows as well as from the fan fests (with some great stuff from the always candid Paul Heyman).

As with any good documentary, the filmmakers let the story be told (there was no narration) by the people who experienced it first-hand, and let the viewer draw their own conclusions. As a fan who spent my high school and college years following the promotion, it was certainly a fun trip down memory lane, being able to see ECW stars like New Jack, the Sandman, and Stevie Richards reflect on the ups and downs of the promotion. The film also tackles the controversial "Mass Transit incident" from 1996 as well as Sabu's no-show (due to a hospitalization) at a 2012 Extreme Reunion show.

The emotional connection fans have with the product makes it all the more heartbreaking when you hear the stories of Balls Mahoney and Axl Rotten (who now has bells palsy) and you see all the performers who are no longer with us (both members of the Public Enemy are interviewed for the film). At one point the film does a quick montage of at least 10 former ECW wrestlers who have passed away. In talking with Ronnie Hill (one of the security guards from Atlas who was interview for the documentary) before the screening, he compared seeing the footage again to watching home movies. Everyone is older now and you remember the good times when everyone was young and vibrant, which makes for a somewhat bittersweet experience.

A Q&A session panel with Meanie, Shane Douglas, Bob Artese, the filmmakers, and super fan Tony Lewis followed the screening. The most poignant moment was probably from a fan who thanked the filmmakers and said that it brought him "closure" to this era. The crowd was then invited to a local sports bar/restaurant to hang out, which seemed fitting given the communal nature of the ECW faithful. The event was well planned as the organizers did a great job creating a very authentic experience for the ECW fans.

Quote:
Old 04-26-2013, 01:00 PM   #4249
check two
N.I.

Quote:
Old 05-01-2013, 01:06 AM   #4250
hectis
Vic

hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by check two View Post
-WWE legend Scott Hall on who Eric Bischoff was going to send out to be the NWO leader if Hulk Hogan had not arrived in time.

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/p...10030880.shtml
I give DDP credit he has helped turn around both Scott Hall, and Jake Roberts lives, and lots of other wrestlers say that his DDP Yoga works really great, and a few people I know that have tried it also said it works great!!!!

Banner appears courtesy of the craft of Bobby_Digital72
hectis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:26 PM   #4251
BrokenWrists
PRODIGAL SUN

BrokenWrists iron monkeyBrokenWrists iron monkeyBrokenWrists iron monkeyBrokenWrists iron monkey

LOL

BrokenWrists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:20 PM   #4252
check two
N.I.

- Jerry Lawler returning to the ring

Long live Jerry "The King" Lawler.

On May 25, the 63-year-old wrestling icon and WWE commentator will wrestle in his first match since suffering a near-fatal heart attack last September.

Lawler will team up with 72-year-old WWE Hall of Famer Dory Funk Jr. in a tag team match for the !Bang! wrestling promotion.

(Yes, Dory Funk Jr. is 72 and still wrestling.)

It's been quite the recovery for Lawler, who collapsed on-air during a live broadcast of WWE Raw in Montreal shortly after wrestling a tag team match with Randy Orton. Fortunately for Lawler, Dr. Michael J. Sampson, the WWE ringside doctor, was sitting feet away from the announcers table and sprung into action, using CPR which ultimately saved his life. Two months after that scary incident, Lawler was back at a WWE announcers table as his heart attack was mocked and re-enacted as part of a storyline segment with wrestler CM Punk.

Getting back in the ring has been on Lawler's mind since his heart attack. The man even cut back on eating fried chicken five (!!!) times a week in order to get cleared by his doctors. Lawler told WMC-TV in February that his ultimate goal was to eventually wrestle once again:

"The one thing I've not done since the heart attack is get back into the ring and wrestle," he explained. "And, Lauryn says that I've been, the one thing that's different about me since the heart attack, she says, 'You're depressed. You're going through depression.' Which I don't feel it. I don't think it. But, yeah, I certainly do miss the wrestling and I do want to go back and do it some more."

Lawler managed to get a practice body slam in last month during the Memphis Grizzlies-Los Angeles Clippers playoff series, tossing a fan wearing a Clips jersey to the floor during a timeout.

But delivering a body slam for a crowd is a far cry compared to wrestling in the ring again, a discussion I thought we would never have after I heard what I thought was Lawler's last breaths on national TV.

Wrestlers are wired differently than other athletes. It's the reason why you see someone like Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson put his successful Hollywood acting career on hold to wrestler (and eventually be injured) in the main event of WrestleMania 29. It's the reason why Funk is still competing at the ripe old age of 72. And it's the reason why Lawler still has the itch to compete despite nearly losing his life doing the one thing he loves more than anything else in this world.

Wrestling an independent show is one thing, but could we ever see Lawler step inside a WWE ring again? Even WWE owner Vince McMahon wouldn't roll the dice again on having Lawler compete for his company, right?

Ha! Hardly.

We are talking about the same company that just three years ago featured a then 87-year-old Mae Young in a Falls Count Anywhere handicap match. If Lawler's match later this month goes well, it would be only a matter of time before he gets one last match on WWE Raw to close the chapter on his Hall of Fame career.

Quote:
Old 05-12-2013, 09:24 AM   #4253
hectis
Vic

hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I doubt they will, unless he signs some kind of agreement saying he, nor his family will sue the WWE if something such as another heart attack happens again, but even then I doubt the WWE will!!!!

Old 05-12-2013, 09:26 AM   #4254
hectis
Vic

Not many people care about the Cena vs Ryback match at Extreme Rules; I for one don't give a damn about either wrestler....oh wait I mean "Superstar"

Old 05-12-2013, 09:45 AM   #4255
hectis
Vic

25 Hilarious Bobby "The Brain" Heenan Moments

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...heenan-moments

Old 05-15-2013, 11:38 PM   #4256
check two
N.I.

-Spike TV official says Austin Aries is being punished over the Christy Hemme incident

Spike TV official David Schwarz told Mark Madden of WrestleZone.com that Austin Aries will be punished after backing Christy Hemme into a corner and standing on the ropes, leaving his crotch in her face. "We have a zero tolerance policy for sexual harassment, Schwarz said.

We discussed [the incident] with our partner. [Aries is] being disciplined. Im trying to get more information on what action is being taken. Dixie Carter took this very personally. He will be disciplined. Again, we have a zero tolerance policy for sexual harassment."

Powell's POV: Schwarz also noted that he believes some sort of statement will be released regarding the matter. For those who missed it (as I did initially), Hemme mistakenly introduced the opponents of Aries and Bobby Roode as the duo was making their entrance. Aries backed Hemme into a corner and then stood up on the second rope with his crotch in her face. You can view footage of the incident at:

Quote:
Old 05-15-2013, 11:40 PM   #4257
Creepshow
Pirate Gunslinger

Creepshow iron monkeyCreepshow iron monkeyCreepshow iron monkey

Believe in THE SHIELD!
Old 05-17-2013, 11:13 PM   #4258
BrokenWrists
PRODIGAL SUN

BrokenWrists iron monkeyBrokenWrists iron monkeyBrokenWrists iron monkeyBrokenWrists iron monkey

LOL

Old 05-20-2013, 07:21 PM   #4259
BrokenWrists
PRODIGAL SUN

Last edited by BrokenWrists; 05-20-2013 at 11:17 PM.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:49 AM   #4260
check two
N.I.

Quote: