wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > Blogs

So I'm still trying to figure out how to get this stupid blog shit to work the way it's supposed to...maybe this will stick.

I hate the internet. How odd is that? A meduim with the potential to connect every person on the planet, a global marketplace capable of offering me almost any product or service imaginable...this is evil. Well, not really. Maybe I'm just a little jaded. Have you read "McWorld vs. Jihad"? Don't let the title fool you, it's about economics/politics. Good read. Kinda dry though.
I miss the fact that once upon a time, you had to talk to people. Typing words at folks around the globe is cool, but I know the kind of impact I have on people in RL and it's hard to bring that across in cyberspace. Body language, facial expressions, and vocal tone are the majority of communication, and this medium takes all that away. The average person barely skims what they read (I'm guilty of doing this too!) and we only half listen to what others tell us (cuz we're so busy waiting to say what ever it is that buzzes around in our craniums that we just don't really LISTEN), so how am I to communicate effectively with my fellow humans?
lol.
If you tell me the sky is blue and I disagree, am I crazy? U might think so, but I'd have one question for you: what is the sky made of?
RZA said on the Wu Forever cd that most won't understand because they were not meant to. What's your percentage?
Old

Knowledge in Understanding

Posted 03-01-2012 at 12:21 AM by BornPower
The new year is only giving birth to an understood month and I'm already scattering roaches when I walk in the room. Back to basics: science, math and sharpening my blade of truth with a deeper knowledge seen with new eyes.

New plantation eager to get the GOD to a flagship store and I only feel like I'm putting in an average effort. You'd be amazed at how many niggas show up to the fields to pick cotton with they asses showin and get mad when they get spanked. Act like I'm Debo wit...
SiferBorn
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Our Father

Posted 11-25-2011 at 12:03 AM by BornPower
I come from a military family, my mom is from Philly and dad is from Memphis. They met in the Navy and my dad didn't retire until I was twenty-something. During a long conversation I had with my father this weekend I realized a truth I'd hidden from myself: I was afraid of myself, so I would become someone else.
You can imagine how well that turned out. This is my declaration of re-committing to myself. The definition of insanity is doing the same things and expecting different results....
SiferBorn
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

my new plantation

Posted 07-08-2011 at 08:45 PM by BornPower
new job, less time to write but more money. is any plantation really worth it? I'm not happy about giving up more of my time to the corporate machine that is my new job...but I can plan for my financial future now and possibly go back to school.
who knows how this will mesh with my new music projects (shout out to Bronze Feet and Barcode for the help so far) but one thing is sure, when you play with skills good luck will happen.
Damn, I just quoted a Jay verse. Shows you the new crowd...
SiferBorn
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Mic Tested

Posted 05-28-2011 at 05:13 PM by BornPower
For the longest I've been on the fence as far as recording as an artist. my goal was to just produce music I like to hear but I've been encouraged by so many to perform that I broke down and bought my first microphone the other day.
Now I HAVE to record. I look at the lyrics I've written up to now as practice, I had no intention of performing those pieces. That changes now.
Time to jump from this balcony and see if my wings work as designed.
peace
SiferBorn
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Fresh Pages

Posted 03-29-2011 at 06:04 PM by BornPower
I can't hold it in anymore. I've been using the 'net to get caught up on albums i used to have (or to hear stuff I should have heard by now) and I'm convinced that it's time to roll up my sleeves and do something.
I have a loooooong list of beats I wanna redo Mix-tape style and I'm starting with Timbaland and Dr. Dre.
I'm convinced that outside forces conspired to stunt this man's growth and the musical movement he was manifesting with Missy and Magoo. Has anyone actually listened...
SiferBorn
Posted in Uncategorized